What is Hyperbaric Oxygen therapy?
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy safely increases the body’s oxygen uptake by raising the barometric pressure. Under pressure, additional oxygen is dissolved into the blood plasma and increased oxygen in the plasma leads to higher amounts of oxygen being delivered to the body’s tissues, organs and brain.
The hyperbaric chamber provides up to 300% more oxygen saturation, allowing wounds to heal faster, swelling to be reduced much more quickly, restoration or increased blood flow to injured areas accelerating healing, aiding in detoxification and promoting general wellness as well as aiding the treatment of chronic diseases while maximising other modalities and decreases lactic build up.
Bacteria, viruses, pathogens and yeast cannot survive in an oxygen enriched environment and the pressurised environment of the chamber facilitates recovery much more quickly from surgery or injury. A cause of tissue degeneration is lack of oxygen caused by stress, illness, disease or injury. Oxygen gives athletes stamina, helps heal injuries faster and protects us from environmental toxins.
What are the benefits of increased oxygen levels in the body?
- Provides the fuel needed by the brain to function properly
- Optimises genetic potential
- Enables oxygen to enter every cell of our body
- collagen stimulation
- Brain and cognitive function
- pain and inflammation
- Improves function, repairs damage and eliminates toxins
- Helps the body to fight off infection by boosting the immune system
- Assists in post-operative healing
- Sporting injury recovery
- Aids in the treatment of chronic disease and maximizes the benefits of other modalities
- Promotes accelerated and enhanced wound healing
- Decreases post-operative inflammation and infection
- Adjunctive therapy in sports medicine to accelerate athlete recovery
Traditionally the use of hyperbaric chambers has been restricted to large hospitals and at substantial cost. However with the relatively recent advent of portable chambers, hyperbaric oxygen therapy is now both affordable and convenient and suitable for all ages from children to the elderly.
Mild hyperbaric chambers are pressurised enclosures that allow the person inside to experience greater than normal atmospheric pressures. The pressure, combined with ambient air purified to 89-93% forces the oxygen to dissolve into the body’s fluids and travel to areas of the body otherwise difficult to reach. The dissolved oxygen saturates the plasma, the lymph, the synovial (joint) fluid and the cerebrospinal fluid surrounding the brain and spinal cord.
Mild hyperbaric oxygen therapy activates the white blood cells to fight infection, promoting resistance to infection, as well as wound healing. It also helps to reduce inflammation and oxidative stress.
Is it safe?
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Is a safe, drug-free therapy that can be used regularly without any danger of oxygen toxicity. Numerous people world-wide have reported dramatic and in many instances life-changing improvements in their conditions as a result of using mild hyperbaric oxygen therapy. No dangerous side effects have been reported with mild hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
90% of our body’s energy comes from oxygen
Oxygen is a vital part of our lives and is used for all of the body’s essential functions. For example, the brain which is only two per cent of our total weight, uses more than 20% of the body’s oxygen. Only 10% of our energy comes from our food and water, while the remaining 90% comes from oxygen. Bacteria, toxins, viruses and parasites do not do well in an oxygen-rich environment.
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy has been known to?
- improve strength, energy and endurance
- Chronic fatigue
- burns and skin injuries
- skin collagen stimulation
- improves circulation
- relieve tension and stress
- improve concentration and memory
- detoxify the blood
- strengthen heart and lungs
- assist headaches and migraines
- improve metabolism and aid digestion
- reduce fatigue and improves sleeping patterns
- relieve muscle stiffness
- improve skin conditions