What is Hyperbaric Oxygen therapy?
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy increases the level of oxygen (O2) in the cells and has been proven to regenerate and restore healthy tissue. The fundamental cause of tissue degeneration is lack of oxygen caused by stress, illness, disease or injury. Every cell in the body needs oxygen to complete the metabolic processes that give us life energy. Oxygen gives athletes stamina, helps heal injuries faster and protects us from environmental toxins.
Traditionally the use of hyperbaric chambers has been restricted to large hospitals and at substantial cost. However with the relatively recent advent of portable chambers, hyperbaric oxygen therapy is now both affordable and convenient and suitable for all ages from children to the elderly.
Mild hyperbaric chambers are pressurised enclosures that allow the person inside to experience greater than normal atmospheric pressures. The pressure, combined with ambient air purified to 89-93% forces the oxygen to dissolve into the body’s fluids and travel to areas of the body otherwise difficult to reach. The dissolved oxygen saturates the plasma, the lymph, the synovial (joint) fluid and the cerebrospinal fluid surrounding the brain and spinal cord.
Mild hyperbaric oxygen therapy activates the white blood cells to fight infection, promoting resistance to infection, as well as wound healing. It also helps to reduce inflammation and oxidative stress.
What are the benefits of increased oxygen levels in the body?
- Provides the fuel needed by the brain to function properly
- Helps the body to fight off infection by boosting the immune system
- Assists in post-operative healing and sporting injury recovery
- Aids in the treatment of chronic disease and maximizes the benefits of other modalities
- Promotes accelerated and enhanced wound healing
- Decreases post-operative inflammation and infection
- Adjunctive therapy in sports medicine to accelerate athlete recovery
Is it safe?
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Is a safe, drug-free therapy that can be used regularly without any danger of oxygen toxicity. Numerous people word-wide have reported dramatic and in many instances life-changing improvements in their conditions as a result of using mild hyperbaric oxygen therapy. No dangerous side effects have been reported with mild hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
90% of our body’s energy comes from oxygen
Oxygen is a vital part of our lives and is used for all of the body’s essential functions. For example, the brain which is only two per cent of our total weight, uses more than 20% of the body’s oxygen. Only 10% of our energy comes from our food and water, while the remaining 90% comes from oxygen. Bacteria, toxins, viruses and parasites do not do well in an oxygen-rich environment.
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy has been known to?
- improve strength, energy and endurance
- relieve tension and stress
- improve concentration and memory
- detoxify the blood
- strengthen heart and lungs
- assist headaches and migraines
- improve metabolism and aid digestion
- reduce fatigue and improves sleeping patterns
- relieve muscle stiffness
- improve skin conditions