We take care of athletes and everyone who works out in the gym or home with Pulsed ElectroMagnetic Frequency (PEMF), Photobiomodulation (Low Level Laser / PBMT) and Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy.
Pulsed ElectroMagnetic Field Therapy (PEMF) an athlete’s natural performance enhancement:
- Wound healing
- Healing bone fractures (PEMF therapy is FDA approved for healing non-union bone fractures)
- Reduce time in between training sessions (faster recovery means opportunity to train)
- Decrease inflammation & swelling
- Pain reduction
- A safe and effective non-drug alternative to NSAID’s.
- Increase cell oxygenation (PEMF therapy increases oxygen levels in the blood as much as 200%.)
- Better results from training mean better performance
- Increase acuity and mental focus
- Improve energy production in muscles and cells
- Reduce cellular breakdown during exercise
- Improve endurance and strength
- Increase removal of lactic acid and cellular waste
- Promote better mobility and range of motion
Pulsed electromagnetic field therapy (PEMF) works on the molecular level to promote healthy cells and improve cell function. Being healthy and in peak physical condition are critical to an athlete’s success. And don’t forget your magnesium and enzymes.
PEMF therapy improves cell metabolism, increases bone density, improves nutrient absorption, and improves immune response. There’s also a big mental component with sports and competition. PEMF therapy helps improve mood, and it’s FDA approved to treat anxiety and depression.
Healthy bones, joints, and muscles reduce your risk of injury. You often hear about athletes plagued with injuries. Sometimes these injuries are unrelated, but it’s not uncommon for one underlying issue to result in multiple injuries; damaged and weakened structures lead to additional injury.
PEMF therapy promotes good overall cell health and function, which helps reduce the risk of injury. PEMF therapy also helps improve immune function which helps fight off illness.
It has been found that muscles work harder, longer, and recover more quickly when treated with magnetic field therapy.
For the competitive athlete, this means more effective training, and shorter rest periods between trainings.
For the casual exerciser, this means less soreness the day after activity.
For everyone, it means creating a healthier environment within the body – an environment less likely to succumb to injury.
PEMF’s stimulate a process called myosin phosphorylation, which is the process of energy production in the muscle thus restoring ATP. ATP is essential for cellular energy. ATP depletion, which happens with strenuous activity, causes muscles to weaken and potentially spasm. Rest naturally restores ATP; assuming the body is healthy enough to replenish it. In fact, through an increased motion of ions and electrolytes, magnetic fields can help cells increase their energy by up to 500%.
Active muscles are stressed muscles, and the more stressed a muscle is, the more heat shock protein it will produce. If you induce heat shock proteins in the muscle before strenuous activity, you reduce the subsequent tissue damage, helping to speed recovery. PEMF therapy is a gentle way to stimulate the production of such proteins. (Dr.Pawluk)
Used by Olympic Athletes in the Nike Oregon Project to speed post-exercise recovery and healing can effectively treat:
• Ankle & knee sprain
• Meniscal tears of the knee
• Hamstring strain
• Contusion & rotator cuff tear
• Bursitis, Tennis or golfers’ elbow
• Stress fracture
• Promotes faster healing and decreases risk of extensive scar tissue formation
• Improves muscle performance & prevents muscle damage
• Stabilizes muscle function after high performance activities with a faster return to sport or activity
• Eliminates pain & reduces the need for pharmaceuticals
• Reduces inflammation and oxidative stress
• Stimulates stem cells & progenitor cells and increases ATP
PBMT treats myofascial trigger points which are palpable nodules in taut muscle bands and contraction of muscle fibres that lead to muscle spasms and limited joint movement. They are a component of several pain conditions, including migraine, tension-type headaches, temporomandibular disorder and neck pain.
Call us to see how we can assist your training regime or recovery on 0458 500 001 now.
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy at reasonable prices:
- A game changing therapy for athletes who are injured
- For fitness endurance before competitions an athletic recovery – train hard recover fast!
- Flushes lactic acid that causes muscle tiredness
- Increases performance
- Concussion and TBI injury
- Hyperbaric Oxygen effective for compartment syndrome for long distance runners, joggers etc
- More oxygen to the brain enhances an athletes ability to make split second decisions
- A sports injury can be devastating for an athlete. From losing standing in national rankings, or a place on a team hyperbaric oxygen therapy speeds recovery.
- Allows up to a tenfold increase in the oxygen level of the blood plasma and hemoglobin. The red blood cells become more malleable, increasing their ability to penetrate restricted blood vessels so that cells and tissues receive the oxygen they need to regenerate and heal.
- With hyperbaric treatment, a sprained ankle might recover in four days instead of eight
- A bruised thigh could mend in one week, not three.
- Recovery time is reduced significantly, and athletes at all skill levels get back into play faster.